8.26.2006

Busy Little Bookworm

I've actually completed a task (#20) already . . . well, mostly. I have donated 3 bags of books to the new secondhand bookstore in town. It has been a relatively painless process thus far. My books are kind of spread out throughout my house, so I keep finding more of them and sending them off. My rule is that if I haven't listed it as a favorite at some point in my life and in all likelihood will not read it again, it's gone. As I am a huge nerd, it's kind of tough to part with good books, but it's really fun to get new books as a result.

Upon sorting through through the various remnants of my past, I came across some interesting reading selections that didn't make the "It's Unbearable to Part With You" short list. The most humorous, by far, is Jewel's poetry book. It's funny enough that I owned it. I soon discovered, though, that I had marked pages hosting poems that I must have particularly liked with what I can only assume are ripped up pieces of an old journal entry. Um, yes, I must have been feeling rather deep at some point back in the day. Heh.

Using the store credit from the first two bags, I now own copies of:

I'm rather excited and ready to make more exchanges in the short amount of time I have left in town.

(Below is the scale I am going to use to rank each task upon completion. Yeah, I'm dorky like that. Each category is out of 5 possible stars.)

**********

Stress: *

Effort: **

Fun: ****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DId you register them on bookcrossers first so that when people picked them up you can could track where your good deed is going?!?!?!
-Terry

Sara said...

Ugh . . . that is a good idea. It didn't even cross my mind. I will have to make sure I register all of the rest of them.

You are bookcrossers' number one fan!